What is a mobile-friendly Website?
We entered a new era with the use of mobile internet. Consumers use this technology not only to access news, social networks, and directions but also to optimize their lives. Mobile devices and mobile internet have settled into our daily routine, and consumers have become reflexes when they get bored, tired, curious, and even hungry.
Due to this change in consumer behavior, your digital marketing strategy should also focus on the mobile environment. This means that you need to optimize all your marketing campaigns and assets for mobile consumption. The most important and top priority asset is a mobile-friendly website.
What Does It Mean When a Website is Mobile Compatible?
When talking about mobile-compatible websites, we assume how a website looks on any mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet, and how it works as user-responsive. About 90 percent of mobile users say access to content is critical.
This means that many people may consider leaving the site if they cannot find what they are looking for. A mobile-friendly website must be sized and coded for an easy interaction on a mobile device, namely:
- The text is easy to read.
- Easy to navigate.
- It is nice to look at, so the user experience is enjoyable.
The Importance of Having a Mobile Compatible Website
If you want to acquire and retain more customers, you need a website that is suitable for mobile devices.
You need a mobile website design to get free, new customers and protect what you have.
Recent studies by Google confirm that any business, whether small or medium, should now have a mobile-friendly website if you want to gain a competitive advantage and maintain it later.
According to Google Data;
- 57 percent of users say they will not recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile website.
- 57 percent of all online traffic in Turkey have now consisted of smartphones and tablets.
- 69 percent of smartphone users have questions or concerns that says it is more likely to buy from companies with mobile sites that handle it easily.
- Today, people interact with brands 2 times more than other places on mobile devices.
- Today, 50 percent of B2B search queries are made from smartphones and will increase to 70 percent by 2020.
- Three out of four (3/4) smartphone owners go first to mobile to meet their immediate needs.
! Carefully consider the above data, especially over 57 percent of people looking for your services, using mobile devices.
! This means that if you don’t have a mobile website, more than half of your potential customers go elsewhere.
! Consider the lifetime value of a single customer. Consider how many people the customer will refer you to. Now consider the lost value if 57 percent of your potential customers are registered with your competitors.
What do my customers expect from a mobile website?
When you elaborate on this, what we are talking about is the changing preferences of the modern consumer. Today’s consumer is much more connected and impatient than five years ago.
So what does the modern consumer want from your website? They want it to be immediately accessible from a fast, secure, mobile device and packed with great, mobile-friendly content.
The modern consumer does not like to wait, thanks to websites like Amazon and Uber, they have extremely high expectations when it comes to speed.
Half of the online population expects a website to load in 3 seconds or less. If it does not start, the user will click on the “back” button.
! Considering that the average mobile website still takes 10 seconds to load, you have a chance to progress if you take action now.
Your Website Needs To Be Secured
Beginning in 2019, Google began tagging insecure websites (websites without HTTPS or SSL certification), just like in the search bar. Secure sites are tagged with a green locked symbol, and unsafe websites are labeled with an unsafe tag.
Your customers are probably smart and knowledgeable people who understand the dangers of website attacks. Put yourself in your customers’ shoes.
If you need to make a two-second decision between almost two identical websites, you will choose the green locked one with the not safe alert.
How to make your website mobile-friendly: 5 Steps
- Make your website responsive. Making your website responsive, it means that the layout and image of the page automatically change according to the size of the device screen.
- Make it easy to find important information. The best mobile-friendly website designs give priority to what information is displayed in certain locations. For example, finding your contact information and services/products on the mobile screen should always be easy and your navigation should be minimized.
- Enlarging the buttons. If people can’t click your buttons with their fingers, it’s not big enough.
- Make the font easier to read. You should use a large and clear font and font size that is large enough to be read from a smaller screen.
- Compress your pictures and files. Website speed is essential, and large images, files, and videos can slow down your mobile website significantly.
As you can see the mobile-friendly websites is so important when you think about digital marketing.
As DatCo we set your websites as a mobile-friendly & mobile responsive & mobile compatible website. And we provide you to get one step ahead from your competitors. For more information please contact us as one of the best digital marketing agencies.